Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Creative Juices

Since Julian died, I haven't really felt the urge to craft, sew or create much of anything. I used to get this burst of creativity that could last for weeks sometimes. All I wanted to do when I got that urge was stay at my sewing machine ALL DAY LONG ! Well, it's back ! I can't stand it. I can't even sleep thinking of all the things I want to make. I wish there were 2 of me...even 3 of me so I could just sew all day long !

One thing I have learned over the years is that it is best to find what you're good at and stick with that. Often I will see something I want to try and in the past I just had to try making it. Now, not so much. I resist the urge to go out and get supplies for things that I know just aren't within my creative capabilities. I really do love sewing more than anything and that is what I am best at doing.

I have also learned to create multiples of one thing before moving onto the next. It is not good for business to just have one mini top hat or one single sundress in my Etsy store. Last week I finished about 10 top hats and am now moving onto toddler sundresses. When the sundresses are done, I am going back to the top hats to decorate them, add hair clips or headbands to them, then photograph them and list them in my Etsy store.

My creative juices are once again flowing and I couldn't be happier ! Glad to feel useful once again.


No comments:

Post a Comment