Friday, August 24, 2012

First Kiss...

Dear Julian,

Remember that night ? I came to see you. I needed to be around you - my best friend. We sat and talked. I was upset about something; I don't even remember what it was now. I just knew that if I went and hung out with you, you'd make me laugh and forget all about what was bothering me.

We had just a couple of beers and you asked if I wanted to dance. I said yes and we put that cassette of your favorite group on and we just started dancing there in your apartment. We were being so silly, dancing disco-style, then that slow song started to play. We stared at each other for an awkward minute, then you put your arms around me and I put my arms around you and we slowed danced. I put my head on your shoulder. When the song ended, we just stood there staring into each others' eyes. You leaned in and kissed me. It felt like my first kiss. It lasted forever. Even when the next song started and it was an up tempo song, we still stood there kissing. I loved you so much at that moment, I wanted to cry. Being in your arms was the best feeling in the world. Falling in love with you felt like falling into a comforting, warm blanket during a cold winter's night.

We never lost the passion in our kisses. When you came home from a long trip, we would share the longest, most passionate kisses. I look forward to that long kiss again one day, when my long journey ends and we can be together again. I miss you so much, Julian.

Love
Tu Gordita


1 comment: