Sunday, September 5, 2021

Podcast : Why I'm Not Getting The Vaccine...YET.

I posted this on YouTube, but it was taken down. Again, I do not make any medical claims about the vaccine. I am simply stating that I choose not to get it YET. So many people want to put words in my mouth or think they know why and then they feel the need to come in and educate me. I will do another podcast to further explain my mindset. What I won't do is tolerate any kind of hatred - whether it be for or against or on the fence about the vaccine. We can speak like adults. We can talk about our beliefs. We can listen to one another, as long as there is no name-calling or blaming.

2 comments:

  1. I agree 💯. I have had Covid. And while I was not hospitalized, the lasting effects have been detrimental. I have lasting breathing problems and have had to have a pace maker. I am also immunocompromised. I am the poster child for, why many, feel I should get the vaccine. But, until the idea of it sits right with me- I’ll wait. I rarely go out, so I’m no threat to anyone else.
    I think it’s an individual decision all people should have the right to make themselves. I wish NO ONE any harm, I hope we ALL make it, vaccinated or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One most often cannot know what reaction they will have to a medication until they take it. (Unless there is an ingredient listed that one is already aware they have a bad reaction to) Like you stated, with a vaccine one cannot undo it, cannot say "get it out of me!" once it has been administered. Medications have NEVER been one size fits all, from ingredients to dosage. People WILL (and already have) have reactions to this vaccine, which is absolutely to be expected. The problem with this one is the amount of pressure being put on people, the scare tactics being used, the worry of "Will I be able to keep my job?", "Will I be able to travel?", and even "Will I be able to go get groceries to keep my family fed?" These are valid concerns considering the amount of businesses stating they require proof of vaccination to enter. How many places will follow suit? The last time papers were required to move throughout a country did not end so well. For me, that is the scariest part. One is absolutely taking a risk with this vaccine, no matter how minimal others state that the risk is (and like you stated, this vaccine has not been out very long, NO ONE knows what long-term affects this may have, point-blank, period), and where there is risk, there MUST be choice.

    ReplyDelete