Tuesday, August 12, 2014

New Obsession!

Yep! Ya'll know me. I gotta try everything crafty at least once and I usually don't give up until I get it right - especially if it is something that really peaks my interest. I tried a new baby shoe pattern, but I had to put that aside after about 5 tries failed miserably.

So, there was this one other thing that I have been wanting to make for quite a while now and the other day, I researched, I watched YouTube tutorials and I finally made an Infinity Scarf (sewn)! And you know I cannot make just one. Once I had mastered it, I had to make a bunch and I did just that!

My son, Julio said "Oh look! A piece of cloth to wrap around your neck!" The little smart ass has no idea. Sewing a completely enclosed tube is not as easy as it looks. The first scarf I made was okay, but I wanted them to look fabulous and so I kept at it until I was rolling them out like hot cakes. There's a tiny bit of hand sewing involved at the end of the process and I had to learn to do a really neat job with that - when neat equals time-consuming, I tend to get a little frustrated and finish in a hurry.

Infinity scarves are so pretty and they can be worn any time of year. I have so many ideas swimming around in my big ole noggin and I can't wait to pull them out and make them more than just ideas. I'm thinking repurposed sweaters, shirts, sheets...the possibilities are limitless with this project!

Stay tuned, ya'll!



No comments:

Post a Comment